Position: Digital Marketing and Community Coordinator
Company: THINQ Technologies Ltd.
Location: London, Ontario
About THINQ Technologies Ltd/Directdial.com Headquartered in London, Ontario, THINQ Technologies Ltd. (THINQ) is one of Canada’s largest providers of information technology products, office supplies and computer gaming components through our website www.directdial.com. Through our various online assets THINQ has met the needs of consumers, the gaming community, small business, corporate and government since 1997. Utilizing our network of manufacturers and authorized distributors we bring over 400,000 products from over 250 name-brand manufacturers to the Canadian marketplace 365 days per year.
Reporting to the Marketing Director or delegate, and working alongside the Sales & Marketing Team, the Digital Marketing and Community Coordinator will be a key player in implementing and executing the social and digital marketing goals for THINQ Technologies Ltd.
• Plan, execute and monitor the company's Social Media strategy in order to increase brand awareness, improve marketing efforts and increase sales.
• Collaborate with our Sales and Marketing team to create and deploy email marketing, and social media content that is unique, informative and engaging.
• Review and report on social media and digital marketing KPIs, measure success and suggest improvements as needed.
• Leads THINQ’s SEO practices by keenly following and understanding current trends, best practices, and algorithm changes.
• Analyze and review current website traffic to develop and maintain a Search Engine Optimization strategy.
• Update content and website links for maximum optimization and search engine rankings
• Research SEO keywords to use throughout our website and marketing materials.
• Actively engage with prospects and customers through various social media platforms, respond to customer inquiries and reviews in timely fashion.
• Reporting of brand ratings on customer review sites to direct managers and providing direction to improve customer ratings.
• Represent THINQ brands in a positive manner, that exemplifies our brand voice.
• Collaborate with marketing agencies and manufacturer partners on new and existing THINQ Technologies marketing initiatives.
• Assist with internal and customer facing events and social activities including staff functions.
• Assist with the development of new initiatives to build company morale and ensure THINQ is a fun and engaging workplace.
• Share responsibility and act as backup to Digital Content Specialist to update website pricing, product descriptions and product imagery.
• Stay up to date with the latest social media and SEO best practices and technologies.
• Manage time independently to carry out necessary tasks across numerous marketing campaigns and internal initiatives simultaneously while meeting established deadlines.
• Attend meetings as requested to discuss business objectives and campaign requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• College Diploma or University Degree in a related discipline (Marketing, E-Commerce, Business Administration etc.)
• Minimum 3 years' experience in an independent, individual contributor role as a Marketing/Branding and/or Social Media Lead
• Intermediate understanding of SEO principals and best practices.
• Passionate about the Technology industry and a desire to demonstrate one’s competence in a fast paced, growing entrepreneurial firm required.
• Understanding of and experience working for a busy e-commerce firm considered an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including strong grasp of the English language to write and review compelling and accurate materials required.
• Must be able to interface appropriately and provide concise information at all levels within and external to the organization (i.e., Support Team, Management team, Executives, Customers, Vendors.)
THINQ Technologies Ltd. offers a competitive base salary between $40,000 and $50,000 (to commensurate with experience) with opportunities to earn performance bonuses. After six months employees are eligible to participate in our subsidized benefits package. After 1 year of employment, employees are eligible to join our pension program. The successful incumbent will be entitled to 2 weeks paid vacation each year.
COVID-19 Protocols To ensure the safety of our staff and continue operations to serve our customers, staff are currently working remotely from home-based locations. Training will likely occur at the main office site while employing physical distancing measures until such time that the new employee is deemed ready and able to work independently from a remote home location.
How to Apply Candidates are to submit a resume and cover letter detailing their interest and suitability for the role below.